Somehow Sunday morning I got Baylor to leave the house early in the morning to go to the flea market. We have not gone for years and I love rummaging around markets. Oddly I found a stand selling the product we make and sell at our company store. I am sure they would not have a job if a supervisor found this stand! But he does not work directly for the company and I don't know who he is. And I am not the RB police so he was fine with me. I just took the photo to show my coworkers. We have often guessed that this was being done watching some people stuff their bags.
We found two older model Hess trucks at one stand and they were two for $15.00 so Baylor was excited to pick out two new to him trucks. I know he is getting the 2014 from Heather and we have three or four other years I bought online. He does love to play with them and the new ones even had the batteries! I did not find any major finds for me which was OK. I am not sure what I need with more stuff. We went to Lowes to pick up a few things and went home to paint some stuff we already own. I want to put a shelf in the living room and remembered I have one in the shed that my grandpa and I built years ago. I used to have it hanging over the kitchen window with all kinds of kitchenalia sitting on it and lights hanging from the large dowel. I don't remember why we took it down but I know it will work in the living room. But it is currently cream colored with green paint showing under the crackly cracks. Not really a good match with the new living room. I really wanted to get the shelf up quickly so I thought I would just spray paint it cream. Which did work OK but I was really not thrilled with it when I was done.
I bought a quilt rack at the thrift store on half price day several weeks ago and it is really banged up but still sturdy enough.
We primed it.
And painted it brown, rather like the stain only not so banged up looking now. It fits well in the bathroom as an extra towel dryer.
We had also stopped at AC Moore and bought a tree that has holes for lights to be put in it as a lite tree. We primed that as well as the pine always shows through if it is not primed. Baylor is pretty good with a spray can now.
While we were outside the girls came over to play. When I was done painting I decided we needed to take care of the pumpkins still stilling by the door. One was already a mushy, rotting mess. I dispatched him with a snow shovel and piled the other gourds into the wheelbarrow. We hollered over to Mr Doug to make sure it was OK for the girls to go with us to the creek bank and off we went.
They even took over the barrowing.
And then the chunking began.
Good bye pumpkins, hopefully the deer had a tasty snack!
After we dropped off the girls next door we walked thought the garden path between our houses. With the plants all dead and brown Baylor spotted a yellow Easter egg. Too bad it was not one of the money eggs because the jelly beans were a bit worse for wear after all those months in the bee balm.
The tree was mostly done by evening: all white lights and lots of red in the ornaments.
And a cat, who we are hoping is not a tree climber.
They played with the only pumpkin that survived the toss.












.jpg)



.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment