Since I have taken over the downstairs bathroom ( I lost mine in the bathroom reconstruction) I decorated my new table with some Christmas beauties. Gloria hates when I decorate her bathroom so I was glad I had a new space to decorate. I love the house to be covered with Christmas!
See, better with the lights.
I took Baylor to school in the morning and when I went to pick him up I had Grandma and Buddy with me. We were heading to Bethlehem for our annual trip to the Christmas Market. Having to leave at 11:30 put us behind our usual schedule and the weather was cold and rainy which did not make the long drive any better. Baylor and I played in the back seat. We had sock monkey hat who needs his nose fixed.
Silly buddies.
We were hungry so I sent Mom and Dad off to eat and Baylor and I headed off to see the amazing Father Christmas who I was hoping would still be there. We arrived when there was no one in line so we went ahead and got them done. Baylor did great and only a few photos had the kindergarten smile he loves so much right now.
He picked out a little stuffed triceratops as his toy for the event and headed off to get his new top made. He picked rainbow colors this year and red and blue for Lucas.
Even after three years it is still fun to watch him create a top from a round bland of wood.
The steelstacks are so interesting. Maybe some year we will take the time to walk through them.
In the courtyard we spotted a glass blower. I took Baylor over to watch because when I was a child I saw a glass blower on Sesame Street and decided I wanted to do that when I grew up. Well, that did not happen but it still fascinates me. We found out the artist has been working his trade since he was 10 and he is in his 70s now! He and his daugher were nice to talk to us. And Baylor did really good at identifying what the artist was making before it was finished. He guessed a flamingo when it was half way done and could have been another bird.
I love his faces when I take photos now!
He wanted to buy an angel for Meme and picked one with a pink dress. We know she will love it.
The next booth is the big glass works that makes the ornaments and glass candy canes, I buy three every year when we go. I just love them!
And them we stopped to watch the ice carver: a little fire and ice out in the rain! He was making a nut cracker out of this block of ice.
But he had already made Olaf and Anna.
Off with the block to expose his shoulder.
Baylor's school kids must do the Elf on the Shelf and Baylor asked if we had one. I am really not up to the Elf so I hid his penguin one night and that seemed to satisfy him.












.jpg)







Thank you for the top-- red and blue are his favorites!
ReplyDeleteSo, yeah.... Next year I want to go to this!
I also saw a glass blower as a child and could watch one work all day.