Sunday we woke up and got ready to make Christmas cookies. Mom and I love to make a huge pile of cookies and then give them away. This year we invited Stacey, Marshall and Ian to join us. They came early after early church and had to leave in the afternoon to go to a work holiday party. Mom and I had a few cookies already made when they arrived. Mom took this photo while saying it was good to see the two of us together in the kitchen again. Back in the day we spent a lot of time together especially in the kitchen.
We posed for her with silly faces like we did all those years ago. We were really close all through college and for many years afterward. We went on so many adventures and have many great memories together.
Next one must select the proper sprinkle for the job.
Finally sprinkles must be applied correctly.
And when your three and your technique has not been honed for the last several years, you end up with a large pile concentrated on one special cookie.
And in true Baylor form, he ate as many as he put on the cookies.
It's all good. It is just sprinkles and makes for a good memory.
Ian had fun with the Santa dress up bin and the Santa dress as we call it is always a big hit with the little ones.
We did exchange gifts between the boys. Baylor ended up a bit upset at his gift (a Spiderman puzzle) as it was not as much fun as the items he saw Ian opening. Upset to the point he cried about it. So we had to have a little talk about gifts, trying to understand that all gifts may not be what he was into at that time but he needs to try to be grateful, and other stuff trying to help him learn the gift receiving ropes.
The table loaded down with tons of delicious cookies! That we promptly divided up between the three of us. Mom made several cookie trays for gifts for friends and neighbors which used up a lot of the cookies. While I love making cookies, I don't love the temptation of having them around the house.
We worked really hard on the cookie candy canes and Stacey was excited to sample one.
Baylor was still pouting about his puzzle and would not smile for me. But I love the picture anyway.
I love seeing the kids play with the hats.
We even got the dog dressed up but it was secretly to get a photo of Chief for part of Dad's Christmas gift, Mom had bought a dog frame ornament for him and we needed a photo for it. Chief was not a fan of the hat with the beard but he put up with it long enough to get a few photos. Dad thought it was hilarious.
I made two houses Saturday after everyone left. I love how they both turned out and Baylor's gingerbread man was rocking the marshmallows and candy stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment