Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

At work we had a Valentine's Breakfast and I made red velvet waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream.  Yum!!  


But earlier in the morning, as I was getting ready for the day, my cousin called to tell me her niece died that night due to heroin overdose.  Amanda has been struggling with addiction since high school and she was only 21!  She went through rehab several times and her family was always were there to support her.  Unfortunately she lost her mom to cancer in 2000 when Amanda was 6, the same age as Baylor is now.  That pain never left her heart and I think when she was introduced to drugs, it helped to fill that hole.  And once that drug gets in you, it never lets you go.  It was hard watching her FB feed all day as people found out about her dying.  But I kept checking it all day long.  


And with today being Valentine's Day, a day we show extra love for our family, there was not much better way to help the family heal than to still have the Aunt's meeting. 



Baylor made out well as he usually does.  



So did Gloria.  I, sadly. got nothing. 


Gloria took the day off and went to the Aunt's meeting with us.  She likes to surprise the family by showing up.  I always bring the biscuits and occasionally I will mix up the shapes a bit.  What a better shape for Valentine's but also for the sadden hearts in the family. 


The Aunt's meeting was good and we were all glad to be there with family to hear what happened, hold each other while we cried and laugh at all the good memories she brought to the family.   Of course we made a few of our own.




DiAnn brought out the Twister game and Baylor really enjoyed it, all by himself.  Of course we twisted him in all kinds of ways.  






And on the way home, this happened.  Must have been a good morning!  


No comments:

Post a Comment