Today I worked a half a day and spent the other half at Amanda's funeral. Mom and Dad were not able to make it as Mom was not feeling well. Lynda warned me Amanda did not look good and she was right. I am not sure what they did to her but she looked like she had a double chin and odd face. But we stood by the photo boards looking at over a hundred photos of her where she did look like herself. I did not take any photos but Nick's girlfriend captured this one that when I saw it thought if I were taking pictures, this would be a good one. Her dad and step-mom are in the front and her brothers are on the side and behind. Scott, Mathew, and Nick have unfortunately been here before in 2000 when LaDawn died from cancer. I know none of them ever thought 15 years later they would be burying Amanda. The minister was also her homeroom teacher in HS so he knew her well and had kept in touch on Facebook in the last few years. I went to the private family viewing and service. The small funeral home was packed and I cannot imagine how busy the open viewing was later that day. It is easy to be cliche when a person dies; better place, end of the suffering, with her mom. But we really don't know until it happens.

And for Amanda Fawn Blakney, she found out way too soon.

But since life goes on for the rest of us, (which is a real pooper) I did stop on my way home and pick up this cute cabinet I found on Saturday at a used furniture store we stopped at on the way home from the Aunt's Meeting. I do love it in the stairwell!

No comments:
Post a Comment