Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Cold Never Bothers Us Anyway, At least if the Sun is Shining

The snow fell all night and we had about 4 inches by morning.  When I was running the tap I thought the water was super cold.  I took its temperature and it was just under 50 degrees.  Now I am not sure how cold it is usually but I would think it is usually higher than that.  


Being Sunday, Gloria was not around to help with the snow removal.  And I don't use the snow blower so it is all pushing and shoveling for me.  


Baylor was off playing with the girls. 


And Grimm was stalking us from the living room window.  


I tried to get the kids to pose for my but you know how they are....



Nearly there.  Thankfully the sun was out so after the driveway was showing, it started to melt a bit.


The snow was a good snow ball rolling snow and the kids were building snow people everywhere.  


Finally I was done!  And tired.  But the kids were still building snow people so I looked around the yard for some decorations.  


And I found my first praying mantis egg casing.  I fell blessed to know we will have little mantis again this year.  


Mandy asked the girls to build a family of snow people along the field.  She does love to direct their play!  


But I think the botanical bits added to their personality.  She has Pippy Longstocking pony tails.  



He does love playing in the snow and is not above crawling in the snow.  


He built his own snowman in the field.  



With a smiling stick mouth.  




And when we came inside, he had hot cocoa with marshmallows and whipped cream! 


No comments:

Post a Comment