Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday Funday

I think I started a fast fix on this shelf last fall and decided to wait until this summer to make it the way I wanted it.  My grandpa and I made this in 2004 and it hung in my kitchen for several years until we repainted and then never put it back up.  I want to hang it in the living room so I spent some time painting over it and letting it dry.  Then I hit it with the sander and sandpaper to make it look worn in many places.  I stained the bare spots and darkened the paint for a bit of a grimy look.  When I was happy with it I finished it with a paste wax for a nice durable finish.  I cannot wait to hang it up next month.  





Another photo taken from FB of my brother's family enjoying a football game.  They will be back in Patriots country soon, which I am sure will make them happy!  


In the afternoon we meet Zayden and his mom for a bit of bowling. She had a Groupon and I had to pay $25.00!  But we had a good time and us Mom's totally benefited from the bumpers!! Baylor even got a strike on the second game.  They had the fun house mirrors by the doors.  I wish we could get them for the Halloween party!! None of them made us wonderfully tall and slim, just shorter and squatter.  




The boys wrestled their good-byes.  Next Saturday Baylor is going over to Z's for a sleep over and it is all they can talk about!  


Our Eddy Baby is getting older and seemingly faster.  She is having some skin issues again so is getting lots of baths and creams.  We love our lady baby. 



No comments:

Post a Comment