Baylor and I spent the night at my parent's Friday so we could go to Bethlehem in the morning for our annual trip to the Christkindlmarkt. This is our first Saturday because now that Baylor is in school, we can't go on Friday. It was much busier than our usual trips and we had to park way out in a distant parking lot. Which was OK for Baylor and me, but Mom was not happy. Her hips hurt when she walks and we rested a few times on the way. Baylor, my budding photographer, took a few photos of the buildings. I guess I should work on his framing skills.
The Leigh PBS building was along our walking route. They had a little stage and fun sculpture in their courtyard.
Of course we took a few selfies, he loves pulling faces in photos. It was a beautiful day for the market, not hot, not cold, not raining, and not snowing. I did not get any glass candy canes this year, all they had were weird colors and not the red and white or red and green I was coveting. It made me sad because I love collecting them.
Another sad point was seeing there was a new Father Christmas this year. Don't get me wrong, he rocked the job, but it was sad hearing the gentle soul that had been doing it for years died over the summer of cancer. And he was apparently sick last year and still performed his Father Christmas duties.
Merry Christmas and best wishes on the other side! Thank you for all the thousands of kids you shared your Christmas Spirit with over the many years! Especially mine.
2014

2013
2012
2011
I let him pick the ornament from the German stand, he picked a blue frosty penguin. He said next year his is picking a peacock. I think he liked the feathers on the tail. We headed home and started in making cookies. He really wanted someone to play with and would come in and help for a bit and then wander off again to the basement or living room.
Slicing peanut butter cookies.
Epic knife skills!!
The finished products. Rolo Stuffed Chocolate cookies, one of my favorites. We baked until bed time! It was a long day but as always with my family, a good one.
And peanut butter cookies. Yum.













No comments:
Post a Comment