Saturday, December 19, 2015

Off To See A Reindeer

This weekend Star the reindeer was going to be in the SKH in Lancaster and I had asked Kartikey and his mom to join us.  Thankfully they were available and we picked them up and headed off to see a reindeer.  Last year it was in the evening, cold and dark,  It was a bit better in the late morning but still pretty cold.  The boys ran around while we moved through the line.  They are good kids and we did not have to worry about them causing trouble or running off.  Although they did have to tell us how bored they were several times.  



Finally it was their turn to see Star.  She is a good reindeer and we have seen her for many years.  





Then we went to the line to see the Claus's.  They boys cozied up to the snow people family, hopefully not to keep warm.  It was chilly but not bone shattering cold.  


First Baylor told them what he wished for Christmas.  


Then Kartikey had his turn. 


And then it was photo time! 


We went into the greenhouse to use the restrooms and we walked around the shop.  The boys tried out just about every set of outdoor furniture, and tried to be good shoppers comparing prices.  


I don't think they can afford this one.  


Or this one.  Or any of them for that matter.  They have really nice furniture at really nice prices.  Be careful guys, I don't know if they have a you break it, you bought it policy.  


After Stauffer's, we went to That Fish Place, because it is a place to take your friends too!  



Baylor really wanted to touch the rays but when it came down to it, he just could not put his hand in the water when they were close by.  Neither boy did but us Mom's were not scared!!  



We went though the fish room and the reptile room and did some wandering around.  The boys sat on the bear's lap and made a few more Christmas wishes.  



They had another try at the ray touching.  When it flopped up the side, Kartikey bravely touched it.  And both boys squealed!  




They loved the turtle tank and the reptile/snake/spider room gave us all the heeby-jeebies.  



A bird group were there showing their birds and trying to raise money for their group and the boys were fascinated watching the birds show off.  




The birds were easier to convince them to pet than the rays.  





The cockatiel kept trying to run away to get some treats on the other side of the donation jar.  And the guy kept scolding him and moving him back down the railing.  Over and over again. 


  



Baylor really enjoyed the birds.  I hope he is not inspired to ever get one.  I love my furry pets.  I don't think I would be a good bird mother.  


We spent some time at Kartikey's letting the boys play while Greeva and I talked.  She had to start on supper and it was fun watching her put her meal together, talking about their foods and spices.  She even pulled out one of the metal spice palette with the round tins of spices.  Just like on Indian cooking shows!  Eventually we had to head home ourselves.  But we had an epic Jedi verses Sith lightsaber battle to see who would rule the galaxy, 



I am not sure who won, but I am sure we made some wonderful memories today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment