Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Eve Eve

We got out of work early on Wednesday and Baylor and I are both off on Christmas Eve!!  Happy Happy!!  Since Pap is hard to shop for, I decided to make him bread for his gift.  It is something I know he will eat and enjoy and not grump about why we bought it.  My baker's assistant helped me out with the rolling and shaping of the loaves.  He does not help me as much as he used to so it is nice when he does.  





Another homemade gift I am giving this year is honeycomb candy, either plain or chocolate covered.  It is fun to see it all foam up when I added the baking soda.  I wish it would stay as high as it initially goes but it collapses a bit when it cools.  This batch turned out well but one I made had to be thrown away.  I looked away at the wrong time and when sugar starts to get hot, it goes quickly from amber to black.  Gross!  Baylor did help break it up into small pieces.  Yummy!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment