Sunday, May 14, 2017

Aunt's Meeting

Jack got a makeover so he can stay for summer.  Herringbone washi tape looks a lot like baseball stitching.  


Jake had his first sleep over at Grandma and Buddy's house.  He did really well, but he was on the leash for the entire time in the house.  I did not want him bugging Dad's dog and Jake would not have left him alone if he could get to him.  

It was a super small gathering, Mom, myself, Diane, Aunt Betty, Heather, and the kids.  I made Brigid a pink ombre flower cake to celebrate her birthday.  Sadly no photos and it even had a brownie first layer.   




I had to help Heather with Snapchat. Brigid knows what to do but Heather was at a loss.  Pre-editing selfie.  


Brigid took photos of the robin's nest in the wreath.  The babies are hatched but still young.  


After the Aunt's meeting Mom and I went to the local greenhouse to pick out some posies for my flower pots.  The prices are much cheaper there and it is our Mother's Day tradition to shop for plants.  We did not stay long after shopping, having Jake puts a damper on my ability to hang out or go away for a long time.  But we managed one night away from home and had a good day.  


Sunday morning I had a Mother's Day miracle, Jake did not eat Grimm's breakfast before Grimm was able to!  


But then Jake chased him off to play in the stairwell. 



Gloria was home for Mother's Day but was too sick (strep throat and double ear infection) to go see her mom as we had planned to Baylor and I abandoned her on the couch and headed to William's Grove.  We found a metal spinner and the dog bone guy.  


And the Lego man of course.  


I looked back at him sitting in the van and it struck me how much older he looked today. Like growing up and changing into a third grader and beyond.  I am not sure I am ready for that but I know it will happen whether I am or not.  


I dropped him off at Landon's, because I did not want him hanging around the sick house. I put up the canopy and mowed the grass.  Later the wind picked up.  When I went out to leave to pick up Baylor I found the wind had picked up the one end of the canopy I did not secure down and flipped it over the fence. Onto my automobile. A new scratch but nothing major.  Gloria helped me to flip it over and I weighed down the other two legs.  It was not the Mother's Day we had planned but we rolled with it and it was a good Sunday.   


No comments:

Post a Comment