Wednesday, May 24, 2017

State Museum Field Trip

This morning was a bit of a sh*t show for me.  Thankfully I was off work because I was a chaperon for the school field trip. But dealing with a wet dog, because he wanted to play in the water and then rolled in the dirt outsidt and cat crap on two of the three beds in the house kind of ruined my lazy morning.  I am not sure what is going on with Grimm but he has had the runs for the last two days and he likes to leave them on fabric like bedding or laundry or anything he can fit his butt on other than the litter box.  The amount of laundry in the last two days was wearing me thin. 


Thankfully he is cute! 


I went to school with Baylor and was assigned my kids: Baylor, Kartikey, Savanna, and Haileigh. Mrs. Failla gave me a warning that the boys behavior has been less than stellar the last few days.  I think they have short timers syndrome. 


We were on bus 1 with Mrs. Healey and Mrs. Kline this time.  


They gave the parents an IPAD and a scavenger hunt.  This was the first year they did it and I think it worked out well.  There are three floors in the museum and four things to find.  It helped give some focus and my girls were great.  The boys, not so much.  They wanted to play and run from each item to the next but not really pay attention to any of it.  One instruction was a group photo with the statue of the founder of PA. 


They are really just goof balls. I did have to speak sharply a few times but for the most part they kept it together. 


The boys liked the red foxes and several other displays.  We worked our way down from the third floor and then had to go back to the third floor for the planetarium show at noon.  Then we had to walk around for another half hour while the second group watched the show.  


At one we went outside for lunch. It has been a rainy month but we were lucky to have a cool but sunny day for lunch outside.  After lunch we crossed the street to the capital building and took some group photos.  This is all three 2nd grade classes together. 


And me too 



And my amazing kid.  I am so happy I have a job that I can be there with him during the school trips.  I know he loves it as well.  


My favorite girl to hug, Sofia. 


Once the camera comes out, the kids start to show up. 



And Mrs. Failla's class. 


Then we loaded up and headed back to school.  They finished their day and I puttered around until it was time to pick him up.  They only have a week left in school! I cannot believe second grade is nearly over!  


No comments:

Post a Comment