Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Let's Jam

But first I had to rush to make teacher gifts because I was going to take the lazy way out and buy something. And then I talked myself out of it because I would ruin my two year streak of making something for Baylor's teachers.  Two years was a bit too soon to give up especially when I really liked his teacher this year.  And Mrs. Failla came with a student co-teacher (and by student I mean HS, he graduated on June 2nd and starts college this fall to become a...... teacher!) He has been helping out throughout his four years of high school and will be an amazing teacher.  I trolled the internet for some teacher-y sayings and found two that would fit the teachers.  And then I worked on them in the evenings and when working from home during the great refrigerator collapse. 



One of my neighbors called asking if we would like to buy some of her strawberries, $2.00 a quart.  We said yes and bought so many I had to make jam and quickly because my refrigerator was dying and I could not keep them in there.  


My helper came up to spend some time with me and helped me out right up to the ladling into the jars step.  I love when he helps me and we get to spend time together with the things I like to do.  

Slicing 


Mashing and measuring 


Sugaring 


Stirring 


Jamming, until it started to heat up and then I took over.  


While I was working Jake barked at the TV dog. Thankfully we were protected and safe from the doggy invader.  


And jam was so much fun, I woke up early and made more out of the starting to show their age berries still sitting on the counter because the fridge was now heating up!  


No comments:

Post a Comment