Saturday, October 25, 2014

Halloween Festival- It is Party Time!

I woke up early as usual because there was still a lot of to get done but I stopped to catch the spider web on the wall in the early morning light.  Last year I did not take many photos of everything set up and this year I made sure to catch as much as I could.  


I worked on the mac and cheese and setting up the food on the tables.  I made jumbo marshmallows covered in chocolate and sprinkles, earwax covered Q-tips, bloody bandages (thank you Tara), pumpkin spice cookie truffles, vanilla and chocolate cookie truffles, whoopie pies, and we also had Spider egg donut holes that I did not make.  Next year I will do a lot less; too much went to work with me on Monday! 











It was in the Day of the Dead decorated corner of the garage.  I found the large felt skulls at the dollar store and had fun decorating them.  




The food table was in the same place as years past.  We had hot dogs, smoked sausages, sloppy joes, mac and cheese with pumpkin, chips, dip, grapes, carrots and cheese poofs.  


The crafts were on the back table again as well.  Baylor did create anything this year as he was too busy in the bounce house all day long.  


And I decorated the rest of the garage as well with my pumpkins, spiders and bats.




 The new chalkboard with the Welcome and schedule of events. 



All set up and ready for the kiddos to arrive.  It was a beautiful day and lightly breezy.  We were very blessed with good weather!  



I was originally going to make a candy corn and a bat pinata and Baylor asked for two fly creatures.  He suggested an owl to go with the bat.  

She even has eye lashes to go with her blood red lips and bright white fangs.  

I could not find the large canvas tarp when we put up the photo booth area. I found it about five minutes after we were done.  I thought I could let it go but about 10 minutes before the party was to start, I had Gloria help me fix it. 


The water game was on the parking area again.  It keeps the water away from the cardboard games.  


I added a ping pong toss game this year. 


And a penny toss game.  


The Spider Toss came out again this year  


The Monster Golf is new as well.  

The Witch Pitch. 

The Basket Toss is new as well.  


The Canning Ring toss.  


The Pumpkin Toss. 


The Bat Toss. 


The Pick A Pop was new this year with extra prizes for the black bottomed pops.  




One of three mantis that appeared during the party. Poor bug met an untimely end due to a two year old with a golf club.  I may have freaked out a bit when it happened.  


I decorated the patio a bit with pumpkins, fun window and door decorations, and lights.  


I made The Witch is In sign to hang by the broom.  It says she is out on the back as well!  



The Ghost Toss made an appearance but did not last the day due to the wind.  He will have to be re-created for next year.   


The bin was filled with different containers that all had treats but some of them had green stars inside.  If you found a green star you could pick a prize from a basket.  There were all sorts of fun items for the kids to choose from.  Connor was the first cheater I spotted opening containers and throwing the losing ones back in.  Stinker!  


The Bat Toss.  


The Scarecrow Toss.  


The Plate Toss, into the tubs, not the garbage cans. 


Baylor quickly found the Wolverine gloves in the photo booth items.  He wore them off and on all day long.  


We had three peanut tosses planned but only had two in the end.  There were three winners at each toss, two for the two orange painted peanuts and one for the most peanuts collected.  


 The peanuts are up in the air somewhere, I can tell by the kid's faces. 


Time to gather peanuts in the grass.  



I did not have my camera with each kid who arrived so it is rather spotting who I have photos of, but mostly of the little guys that arrived.  Little Owen is a co-workers son and he had fun with the games.  


Sone poeple like the photo props and Megan is one of them. She put on a few costumes and she enjoyed fishing through the bins.  I found a lot of good costume props at several thrift stores and Mom found some as well.   We had three containers of props this year!



Kristia, Leana, and Jaden dolled up for a photo. 

..

As did Tara and I.  


Mandy, her mom, and Vanessa had fun at the photo booth with the different props.  


Baylor kept taking the Wolverine pieces.  


Mandy, Doug and Vanessa in their best.  


And the Wolverine. 


Finally Natalie joined part of her family in her Hermione costume.  


Heather, Connor and Brigit dressed up in the holiday finery. 


Lucas took on another hat this year.  Last year it was a black derby and this year and more colorful leprechaun hat. 


We did the black bat as the first pinata. I made them even thicker than last year and it took several rounds off bashing to break them both open.  We went from youngest to oldest and I loved joking with the last kid as being me heavy hitter but they were not always the end of the pinata.  I loved making them and also seeing their ultimate destruction,  









The bounce house was the most popular hangout for the kids.  I did not see Baylor much other than when he was looking for something to eat or drink.  With Baylor being in school and a new daycare, we had a new group of kids this year.  The only person who came from kindergarten was Kartikay. Well, we only invited three kids from school but all the kids from COF.  I have to cut it off somewhere or I feel over my head.  



Even Lucas loved it this year.  



Landon and Ryder were not fans of the bounce house but they both loved playing in the playhouse.  It was a bit spooky in there but not too bad.  It did freak out Baylor when he first went in there, shut the door and it was very dark because I had covered the windows with black paper.  He tore one off, unlatched the door and came inside pretty freaked out.  But the boys had fun and I saw that they had enticed their parents to go inside.  





Cullen had a turn as Wolverine.  

The McGraw Family dressed up even little Lochlan. 



We had another peanut toss and later attacked the owl.  Again it took many rounds of whacking to get him cracked open.  











Tara had a turn with baby Lochlan.  I think every Mom loves to get baby cuddles when she can.   


Baylor and Cullen are still my goofballs.  


Kartikay fit in well with the boys.  



I worked my way around the party trying to make sure everything was going well and the families were having a good time.  It seemed everyone did have a good time and that is why I do it.  

Zayden, aka Iron Man, hit the photo booth with a blue hat.  


Maddie with a zombie wig and sombrero.


Ginnie and Zayden 


Robert, aka Wolverine. 


Two Superheros. 


And second of three mantis we saw during the day.  The third one went off into the vegetation before I could get a photo.  I lured this one off the game and into the mint to help keep him safe from the same fate as his sibling early in the day.  


Meme and Pap came over so Dave, Laura and Adam decided to stop by.  They had said they were not sure they could make it but I think because Meme and Pap arrived they felt they should too.  They love to see their great-grandsons when they are down and it nice when it is at one house.  

Adam is a bit young to understand the concept of the games. He was more bent on destruction than playing to win.  Thankfully the games are pretty sturdy and it was the end of the party anyway.  We just tried to keep the parts together in one place as best we could.  



And then a purple toothed vampire showed up.  But he is only a love sucker, not a blood sucker.  And he was pretty worn out by then as well.  


I think Baylor went through three bottoms during the day depending on what he felt would be the fastest on the slide.  The green shiny shorts were a favorite.  


Meme even took a turn at dressing up with Baylor.  


Teige and Cohnor sat for a photo on their way out.  


Right after I took this Adam dumped the water bucket all down his pants!  Kids are so much fun. Since they did not have a change of clothes, Laura and Dave had to head out with their wet son!  


I think the shark head was the favorite accessory of the day!  


When it was time to let down the bounce house, Zayden's dad helped out by throwing the boys on to the slide to help get the air out.  The boys loved it of course! 




I even took a turn rolling around in the bounce house end to help squash it down.  



On the two guessing games Amy won both!  I think she is a witch!  `


I forgot to have someone take a photo of my shirt during the party so I had Mom take one later.  I cut out the eyes and wore a black shirt underneath.  I loved my sugar skull shirt!  And I loved our party.  It was a wonderful day, a lot of work and totally worth it.  


It did not take too long after everyone left for my little zombie to pass out!  It was a good day.  I am already looking forward to next year.  






No comments:

Post a Comment