Saturday, October 18, 2014

Reynolds Farm 2014

I love Fall and all the places we go, especially when we get together with friends!  Gloria was off work and was able to join us on our trip to the pumpkin farm with Julie, Amy, Cullen, and Lochlan.  I sat in the back with Baylor on the drive to the farm.  Baylor tried on my glasses and looked like a superstar. At least to me.  


We love this pumpkin farm and all the traditions we have made there.  Like the photo by the pumpkin. These boys are growing so fast!  




And the straw horse. 





The pumpkin faces are new this year and it was neat that they had made it with little windows that close if it was not being used.  


And the annual pulling of the wagon! 



And the wagon ride to the pumpkin field.  Baby Lochlan was comfy and cosy in the baby wrap I gave Julie.  I remember when Baylor was small enough to fit in there.  


The photo on or by the pumpkin with his silly faces he has this year.  




The boys loved smashing the already rotten pumpkins on their search for the perfect pumpkin.  I found one with a wonderful odd shape that we all loved.  


We hopped on the wagon for the ride back and the boys had fun playing with the cameras.  We have about 30 photos of us just sitting in the wagon.  








The boys played in the hay and if we had let them they would have thrown the whole bale over the side an handful at at time.  








After paying for the pumpkins and picking up some cider, we mosied on down to the play area.  The boys went off to the hay jump that has mattresses under the hay. Not quite a trampoline, but it works for the kids.  


Cullen did a flip, which made my heart flip.  I just have visions of broken necks when they do things like that.  




Then they climbed the bale mountain. 




This year there was a little hole between the bales they fit down into.  I knew the bales were not going to shift while they were in there but that did not stop my heart from beating faster every time one of the ducked in there.  






Cullen wanted to go to another area and Baylor was not done with the hay so him and I headed back to the jumping pit.  Baylor did a roll after he landed while caused less alarm inside of me. 






It really was a beautiful day and I spied this diamond shaped opening in the clouds.  I wish I were better at camera adjustments to really capture the colors of the world when I see it.  


While we were winding up our play, the boys made a cider toast to each other.  




We went to Waynesburger for lunch and to share our birthday gifts with Cullen.  We were not able to make it to his party because of Uncle Dick's funeral.  Gloria was happy to have some baby cuddles while I ordered food.  He was a happy little man the whole adventure and we are so blessed to be able to be a part of his life from the beginning.  


I bought Cullen two Transformers mix ups and I made him a tooth pillow monster.  He loved them all but I think his favorite was the tooth pillow. It won't be long now before he will need it!  


As usual Baylor crashed on the ride home.  


Too bad he totally missed the rainbow!  





No comments:

Post a Comment