Since Baylor goes to the day care, he does not get to ride the big yellow bus. They have a white van they use to take the kids to and from school. But what is even better than riding the bus is being a parent drop off and parent pick up. Gloria had already her day as the super Mom so I was glad she was there to walk me through the process. Things are much different than when I was in kindergarten and walked about 5 blocks to and from school without any parents walking with us. There is a whole process for dropping him off with a note for the school records and where he goes and who knows what, when, etc.
Baylor nearly tripped over himself on his way to the car he was so excited for his morning drop off. I had to stop to try to catch the spider web in the lily stalks. It did not turn out as well as I had hoped. My phone camera is not very good at focusing at a short distance or at wispy webby things.

After we dropped him off we came home and I worked on cleaning out the garage for the party. It was a long process but a once a year cleaning is not too bad. It is a lot of shifting, sweeping, and shifting again.
.
But in no time at all, we had to head to the school to pick him up.The line up at separate doors depending on how they are getting to their next place. Baylor was hopping in the pick up line. Mrs. Murray, his teacher is holding open the door and Baylor was second out the door.
He was so excited to see us and it sure makes us moms proud to be his mom.
In the afternoon I worked on treats for the party and I wanted to try the caramel dipped apple balls. I read several sites for their tips and thought I had things covered. Well, it was a fail and I ended up making applesauce with the apple balls. I hate it when a good idea fails.






No comments:
Post a Comment