Saturday, October 11, 2014

Trick or Treat and Meet and Greet with Lucy

We had an Aunt's Meeting at a buffet and when it was over, I followed Heather and the kids to their camp ground.  Last weekend I had asked if we could hang out after the meeting and she said they would be at their campground. I knew Baylor would love playing with Connor at the camp so we made plans.  She had the dogs with her and it was our first meeting with their new puppy Lucy.  She is a 10 week brindle boxer and super sweet.  I can see why they love her, she is such a sweetie but a pistol as well.  Just like Brigid.  





The campground was having trick or treat at 2 to 4 and I had brought Baylor's costume for a trial run.  Connor was an Army guy and Brigid was a queen.


Baylor was a Red Power Ranger.  He made the choice that is what he wanted to be and so far he has not changed his mind.  The ax is Heather's and not part of the standard Power Ranger weapon accessories.  


 The queen was quite beautiful in her purple robe with white trim, but apparently was in the mood to speak to the common people on our candy collecting rounds.  She would not say much to anyone and was only not shy when she could go to a bowl that was sitting out without any people handing out the candy.

 

Connor was very smart in his military gear.  Thy boys were excited to collect all the candy they could and came back with bags filled!  


The sun did not come out until after we were done walking but at least the rain had stopped.  The grounds were muddy and Brigid's fur trim came back quite brown!  



We went from site to site and like trick or treating at houses, you could tell who was participating and who was not.  Most people were sitting in their chairs along the road with their candy bowls.  The kids could score three or four treats at one row of chairs.  Brigid was quite a hit in her glory but I had to explain how the queen did not usually speak to the common folk when she would not say anything to anyone.  



One camp site, who I remember being all decked out last summer had a whole haunted tent (house).  You had to walk on the porch which had one scary dummy and one person dressed as a dummy shocking the kids when they moved. 


The real person is sitting down and freaked out Baylor and Connor.  



Then we walked to their second deck with another scary set up.


And then into the haunted house.  Baylor said afterwards that he did not find it too scary, it was all pretend, right Mommy?  I do love he can play in his fantasy world but when it comes to these things he is well grounded on what is real and make believe.  


When we got back to the site the boys set up their chairs in the road to hand out 
candy to any remaining treaters. 



\Charlie and Lucy napped while Heather and I worked on decorating her campsite.  While I like the cute and fun sides of Halloween, she likes the dark, scary, and gory.  We did a good job putting up her dark, animated friends while the kids played.  




Brigid especially enjoyed the graveyard in the front of the camper.  Around 8 Baylor asked if we could go home, he was finally worn out.  He woke up at 5:30 that morning and I was surprised he made it that long.  I was a fun Fall day and I wish we had move of them with the Hazel's.  


No comments:

Post a Comment