Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Busy Day, to Say the Least. But We Made the Most of It!

Today was a busy day to say the least!!!  I had arranged with the swimming school to have Baylor attend the early class at 9:45 to 10:30 so we could still make it to Dallastown for the Aunt's Meeting.  While we were late, we still were there for plenty of time.  Baylor got to play with Eli and the boys had a good time together as usual.  They have a very long rope swing at their house and Baylor was not afraid of it this year.  



Eli had the play house cleaned up for his little cousins and Baylor and him had fun on it as well.  I had a good time talking and eating with the family!!!  



We left around the usual time but had to go straight home and get ready for a wedding.  Megan and Jamie thankfully had planned their wedding for 4 PM so we were able to do everything we had planned for the day and not miss anything.  We had to go a bit early because I had the wedding cake and needed it brought inside before everything started.  Megan was talking to me about the wedding planning last month, the week after my parents anniverary.  Since we did not get a bonus this year, they had to cut back on extras for the wedding.  A wedding cake was one of the extras.  I showed her a photo of the cake I had just made and said I could make it for her as her wedding gift.  She loved it and was fine with it being my gift to her.   


I could not get any photos of the ceremony from where we were sitting so I stole some from FB.  Shhhhh.



Addyson made a lovely flower girl.

She had bought cup cakes from Sams and that was all they were planning on serving.  This was my first tiered cake and it turned out pretty nice I thought.  She said she received a lot of compliments on it as well.  We did not stay for the cake cutting as it was getting late (long day remember) but apparently she smashed the cake in his face and he then did the same.  


The kids were given sparkling apple juice for the toast and Baylor thought that was super cool.  


We did a few clinks together.  


And Liz offered to get a photo of us together.  A toast to the bride and groom!  



Tamela and family were at our table and the kids really wanted to dance.  After the Bride and Father dance we went up there. Baylor acted all shy but he really wanted to dance with Madison.  



And he got in a few moves with the bride as well.  


He was very fascinated during a line dance and when the song was over did one of his own.  I don't know how to slow down the play back because it is really cute!  


Getting his grove on with Madison.



The club was on the river and right across the river was the steel mill that I could see out my third floor window in my old house in Steelton.  I always wondered what it looked like back there and what was on the other side!   


No comments:

Post a Comment