Meme and Pap showed up later in the evening on Saturday and gave Baylor their Easter gifts. One item was a giant chocolate Easter Bunny.
And the rest of the basket was army toys.
He was most interested in the bunny of course. Please stand back Mommy, Meme has this.
I guess he is an ears guy.
Or just the face in general
Gloria took a few photos of me in my usual place in the kitchen. I am not used to seeing me in my natural environment, I am usually behind the camera!
We had ham, roast pork stuffed with pork wrapped in pork, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, red beet eggs, deviled eggs (from the eggs we colored yesterday) relish tray, veggie tray, green bean casserole, sparkus, and Stove Top stuffing. There was plenty of food for us and for the grandparents to take home leftovers. Jason was not able to make it as his car would not start that morning. He ended up going out with his Dad and his wife for dinner. Dave, Laura and Adam went to her family for dinner so it was a bit of a small family party but just as nice.
Jamie had sent me a photo of my beautiful niece Presley and Mom and I sent her a photo of us saying Hi!
The daffodils were just breaking open this morning and it is a sure sign Spring is coming and bringing warmer weather and sunny days. This February was the coldest February on record here is PA and warm sunshine is a welcome change.
The Easter Buddy hid the eggs again while we were inside finishing up dinner. And unknown to Baylor the bunny snuck in the house while he was hunting eggs to hide a few other items inside.
At six, he is a pro at egg hunting the larger eggs and still needs some encouragement on finding the smaller ones.
Unless they are in a big piles out in the open of course.
But the couple in the cider block were a bit of a challenge for him. Luckily I was there to assist.
It is not often I remember to take a photo of everyone, almost everyone, but we did today.
After coming inside it was time to open all the eggs. There were new DVDs in a big pink egg.
A coveted Lego set in the green egg.
Transformer mini figures in a yellow egg, Lego mini figs in another egg.
And of course a couple dozen candy filled plastic eggs.
Buddy and Pap had some nice grandpa conversations on the steps. Baylor opening eggs was not really of much interest to them.
While he was opening his eggs, he found four with notes in them giving him clues to where other items had been found. He was able to read most of the words and we helped him with the works he could not work out. He was told something was in the bathtub and found his Easter Basket, loaded with more goodies. He loved the hunt and the Easter Bunny will have to remember that for next year.
One note said to find something where he keeps his hats and gloves. He dug down to find a Lego WiiU game. His found Batman III game hiding in his underwear drawer. He was so excited that the bunny must have come inside and hid things while he was hunting eggs. Smart bunny I would say.
Grandma and Buddy had a nice basket of goodies and I think he had a good time. I know I did.
I know how much Meme likes photos so I try to get some for her when I think it is one she will like. Gloria hates to smile.
Most of the time she pulls faces and I print them and give them to Meme as well!!
I think the Easter Bunny made one little boy pretty happy this year!






No comments:
Post a Comment