Baylor had off Good Friday and I did also so we planned Easter with the Hazel's and my parents for today. Buddy and Grandma showed up first and Baylor was excited to see them.
It was a bit chilly but Brigid was good in her short sleeves and Baylor wanted gloves on! A brief photo shoot while going over the rules: no stealing eggs if someone spotted it first, there were three golden eggs, everyone gets one and they cannot be opened right away, and adults cannot find the eggs for them. The Easter Buddy and John did a good job hiding the eggs and spreading them out so each kid could take an area. Heather had brought eggs as well so there were plenty for everyone!
Now off you go.
And then the fighting began inside. Brigid kept stealing Connor's M&Ms as he opened his eggs. One of the golden eggs had $20.00 (Baylor found that one) and the other two had a piece of paper with a number on it. Each number went to a bag with a stuffed animal in it. Connor got the floppy duckling and Brigid got a boxer dog with bunny ears. I think Connor wanted Baylor's egg but Baylor was not willing to trade.
Everyone got lots of goodies and while the preparation takes a lot of time, I love the end result. We had a nice dinner of ham and lots of yummy sides. The kids loved the cupcakes as did everyone else. I love spending holiday time with Heather and her family. I wish my brother and his family were closer so we could include them as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment