Saturday, April 18, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday Adam

Meme and Pap arrived Friday night to stay the night.  They do not come down unless there is a party or appointment and this time it was a party on Saturday. But after Gloria came home, we had a little party for Pap to celebrate his birthday that was earlier in the week.  Baylor of course helped with the candles.  




Happy Birthday Pap!! We are glad we were able to celebrate it with  you!  


Saturday morning was the last day of swimming lessons for this session.  After swimming class we were heading to Adam's second birthday party, the real reason Meme and Pap were down.  We were going to arrive a half hour late to the party but I was not going the change his swimming class again.  He was excited to go to class and exited to have more spectators in the hallway who were excited to see him swim!  



Mr Nate was putting the boys through their paces today as he was assessing them to decide whether they passed or had to take the class again.  He swam all the way across the pool without the kick board.  He would not do the diving board but would jump off the starting blocks.  I went over to see if he would do the board and told him I jumped off the diving board the first time when I was three.  It is one of the memories burned in my brain, I can see still the teacher in the water below me.  

Amazingly he passed the class in one session!  I asked if he was sure and Mr Nate it was my discretion.  I said he was the teacher and I respect his decision, I was just in shock as he has never passed a level in one session!  Way to go my little fish.  















We headed straight over to the birthday party in time for pizza and snackies.  Baylor, who used to be on the fence on pizza and would never touch a pepperoni, has changed his tune on both.  He ate three pieces and a ton of veggies.  And while he is not much into trains anymore, he was happy to color Emily.  





Adam was partially interested in the cake, but mainly just for the Thomas on top.  




Two of Adam's great Grandmas.


One great Grandpa and his daddy.  


Adam is only two so he would get wrapped up in one gift and not interested in the next. His mom ended up opening everything for him, which is what I did at Baylor's second birthday as well.  It was a very Thomas birthday and we bought him a small travel set.  












 And as usual, the other kids just wanted to balloon fight.  Thankfully there was a partial wall between the room and doorway and they kept the balloons mostly out there.   Baylor was right in the thick of it.  







I had been working on bringing out Baylor's summer clothes and hung them out to dry in the sun while we were out partying the day away.  While I love hanging clothes out, I don't always love having to bring them in!! I don't know why, but the unhanging is not as much fun as the hanging up.  


No comments:

Post a Comment