Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baylor and three of his Grandmas

Saturday we went to Yaya and Buddy's because my mom's best friend was going to be in town for the night.  Aunt Barbie has been a part of my life for nearly as long as my memory goes back.  We moved to Denver, Co when I was about 5 and that is where my mom was raised.  Barb still lived there at that time with her husband Bob.  I have very specific memories of visiting her house and none of her being at ours although I am sure she was there. My brother and I called them Aunt and Uncle when we were growing up.  She also spoiled ratatouille for me and I did not get over it until this year.  Anyway, back off memory lane. She is doing a presentation in Baltimore on Monday and came in early to visit.  When I was pregnant I asked Barb if she would move from the Aunt position to the Grandma seat. She was thrilled and we call her Nana Barbie.   She drove up to Mom's Saturday early afternoon and we were already there and had the tree decorated. 
It is hard to keep planned events with a toddler so I had to roll with it.  We had wanted to decorate it with Barb but trimming the tree kept him occupied until she arrived.  He put everything we gave him in the back on both sides facing the window.  I evened it out when he was not looking. 

 Barb has not been in PA since January and Baylor has changed so much since then.  He was just walking when she saw him and not really talking.  As usual for him, he took his time before he opened up but once he got going he was talking a mile a minute.  He wanted to play outside so we went out for a while until his hands got too cold.  He kept taking Meme outside for 10 minutes at a time.  That gave us some time to work on dinner and chat. 

Nana Barbie and Baylor


After we ate I brought out our project.  Baylor was already rubbing his eyes at dinner and I did not know how much time we had left of him being awake or in a good mood.  I had originally thought about making applesauce cinnamon ornaments with Nana, Yaya, and Baylor but in the end decided that would be a bit messy and take a long time.  I had brought some foam shapes and foam stickers at a craft store for Baylor and I to do an craft project and thought that would be better to do with his grandmas.  

Nana Barbie, Yaya, and Meme

I love how his lip would push out when he was working on decorating the trees and wreaths. This photo does not catch it the best but he was concentrating so much.  It was funny!  


Baylor has two other honorary Grandmas that I will have to get photos of.  He is a very blessed boy in the Grandma department and other departments as well.


3 comments:

  1. Baylor's Three Grandmas. AKA, The three Wise-Women?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baylor is sooo adorable, and so lucky to have so many Grandmas!

    Good luck on this cycle, my fingers are crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mina,
    Usually after I read your posts, I lurk on your blog roll to see other sites and lurk on them. Imagine my suprise when I saw mine on there. I was instantly honored!!! Thank you for the compliment and good luck wishes. I would love to give him a sibling!

    ReplyDelete