I mentioned before that Baylor has many Grandmas and Grandma Karen is one of them. I worked with Karen at my previous job and we shared space in an office pod for many years. We became very close through talking at work and getting together outside of work. Actually I started to call her Mom because we were so close. I could tell her things about my life I was not able to talk to my mom about. The government may have repealed the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy but it will take more than that to repeal it in my family. Karen's son is not married and it is not looking good for her to become a grandma by him so when I was pregnant I made sure she knew he was going to be her Grandma. I think she likes it too.
We went to see Grandma Karen and Grandpa Ron last week to exchange gifts. We had dinner with them and Karen was very impressed with his ability to use his fork and spoon. He is two after all. He ate really well and then wanted to take pictures and run around while we finished eating.
Here is one of his photos of Karen and Ron eating. Most of the photos are off the ceiling and odd angles of the table and floor.
Here is is view of the tree.
And of Santa.
And a close up of a lolly cane on the tree. Most of you may know that as a candy cane but not in our house. Karen needed to hang some new ornaments she had purchased so she took Baylor downstairs to find the ornament hooks. He came back up with a new story. The hooks were not in the first box. The Lolly canes were in there. The hooks were in the second box. He told this story over and over and over for the rest of the evening and for the next two days to anyone who would listen. Karen thought is was hilarious.
This is Karen and Baylor at our house in 2008. Yes I managed to put up a tree three weeks after he was born.
Karen and Baylor at her house in 2009.
Karen and Baylor at her house in 2010.
We are both blessed to have Mom Karen and Grandma Karen in our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment