So this is way over due but I usually have time after Baylor goes to bed to blog but the beginning of the month he was waking up at ungodly hours, 3:40 being the earliest. I was too tired to stay up after he went to bed and would fall asleep right after he did. Sometime after Thanksgiving I had this brilliant idea to host a Gingerbread House Pot Luck. I would make and provide the houses and my guests would bring the decorations and food to eat. I called a friend with kids and ran the idea past her and she thought it sounded like a good idea so I posted invitations on FB for a Sunday in December. I found a cookie cutter set for the houses and a fast way of putting them together with melted sugar instead of royal icing. I went a bit nuts at a local candy store buying candy and brinkles (sprinkles) for the houses. I don't think I went grocery shopping without picking something up. I made lots of food too of course. Mom came home with me on Saturday and stayed the night. Her and Baylor made sugar cookies and Baylor was in charge of the brinkles and he loved it.
Sunday we got ready and Steph was the first to arrive with her children. She found paper chef hats and aprons for the kids and they did come in handy. And looked cute to boot.
Gavin, Robin and their Aunt Kristia getting started.
Baylor is at the point where he wants to do EVERYTHING 'All by myself'. Well when you are two that is not always possible so Mommy has to 'assist' at times. Like my apron? It is super cool I know.
Our friends Amy, Julie and Cullen were the second to arrive. Cullen is 6 weeks older than Baylor and we love getting together with another family that looks like ours. That is Amy with Cullen trying to get the frosting off his finger.
Like Mom's apron? We are an apron wearing family.
The house on the left is the one I did with my cousin when she came later. I kept it pretty simple but I love the frosted mini wheat thatched roof. The middle house is my cousin's. Her son Connor was not very interested in helping so she could do whatever she wanted. The last one is Baylor's and while he did have quite a bit of help he did a lot of it himself.
I put a little sleigh and two reindeer cookies on the roof of Baylor's and he loved that!
My neighbor came over with her girls too but I seemingly forgot about the camera when they were there. They enjoyed it very much and had a good time. I had a good time too and may do it again next year or some variation on the theme. It was a lot of fun.
Hey Heidi. Mark pointed me to your blog, so I just wanted to stop in and say hey :) Your son is super cute!!! Also, I see that you go to the doctors in MD... I just moved to MD! Where at do you go? Looking forward to reading! - Jen
ReplyDeleteHello Jen, Welcome and thank you! The fertility clinic I have been going to is Shady Grove and they have several offices in MD. What part of MD do you live? We are about an hour from Baltimore.
ReplyDeleteWe live in Hagerstown, about an hour southwest of Harrisburg, about an hour and a half from Baltimore. So, close, I think?
ReplyDeleteWe are about 15 min south of Harrisburg so yes we are close! We should try to get together. It is always fun to meet families that look like your own. We have friends in Chambersburg too. If you are interested, I will give you my email and we can talk.
ReplyDelete