Friday, December 10, 2010

Remembering Christmas Past and Present

Baylor was born 6 weeks before Christmas so he has been to see Santa three times.  His first year he was too little to know what was going on. It was a mall Santa but I think he is pretty good.



 Last year he was a bit miffed at the idea but they were able to catch a good shot.  Same Santa though and again a good one. 



We were at the garden center looking for cardinal ornaments for the tree and there he was, Santa.  Baylor was not afraid of him at all and other than keeping his hands clenched together at his chest the entire time, he did really well.  This year he was a bit impish with his smile. He stayed on his lap while I ordered the prints and did not say 'Mommy pick you up' until I turned around. 


When I was pulling up the photos and looking back at him it is amazing how much he has changed in two years. I know it brought tears to my eyes but I am a bit on the misty side when it comes to him anyway!  He was bald for the first year and I would always tell him how funny he would look with hair and now I see the pictures of him without hair and think how funny he looks.  Not funny looking but funny ha ha! 

5 comments:

  1. He is just precious! I love seeing the progression from the 1st pic on. I want to get a pic with Santa for Dylan, but I don't know if I can anytime soon. I hope the 2WW is going quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mina. I hope you can go to see Santa but if not make a tradation of some thing, like the little toy you have on his photo shoot. Have him hold it every year. At 13 he will act like it is pretty hokey but inside he will be loving the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute idea! I wouldn't have thought of that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to see how much Santa changes over the years. Wearing a bigger hat to cover the balding. Is there a hair restoration center at the North Pole?

    Baylor is precious - with and without hair!

    ReplyDelete