Must come to an end. Dad made me a fire in the morning so I could go out smelling like a fire pit. The rest of the morning we finished packing up and cleaning up our cabin. We were loaded up and ready to go before 9:00. We took a photo of us by the cabin to send to Ute because she was with us last time we were there in 2013. Baylor was just ready to go home and I was too because of the seven days were were camping, it rained five of them. I did not get a photo of all the wood we left on the porch for the next campers, but it was ALOT!! Camping is not as much fun without fire and sitting around the fire. But we spent a lot of time together and that is what was really important.
When we pulled into the camp office to drop off the key, the rain started making down something fierce!! It was a perfect memory of our week at Rickett's Glenn! We did not hike any trails, no boating, and not many fires.
Mom rode in the car with Baylor and I until we got to the same McDonalds where we picked them up a week ago. We parted ways and each headed home to unpack and see what was going on in our part of PA. We came home to ripe black raspberries! One of my favorite Summer treats!
And a sign we had a lot of rain at home as well.





No comments:
Post a Comment