Grimm loves being in the attic but last Sunday he was up there and I thought he was out and shut the door. Around six hours later, I had a feeling and we went looking for him. Baylor and I could not find him anywhere. Baylor said he was starting to get scared and frankly, so was I. I opened the attic door and he did not come out. For some reason I shut it again and we kept looking. Something called me back to the attic and this time Baylor offered to crawl up there to look as well. I turned around to go to the kitchen and when I came back Grimm was sitting on the floor just looking at me. I asked Baylor if he saw Grimm come out of the attic because I did not know if he just walked out from somewhere else or from out of the attic. I reached down to pet him and noticed he was all wet. Since he likes to play in his water dish I thought maybe he had just gone swimming. But when I touched it he was slimy, not wet, from his chin to his elbows. It was not water, probably drool from panting in the scorchingly hot attic all afternoon. I scooped him up and we bathed him in the sink to cool him off and get his fur clean. So when he ran into the attic this morning, I sent Baylor up there to get him down right away as we all had to leave the house and due to the heat I did not want to leave the attic door open all day.
Baylor was glad to come to the rescue.
After being the cat rescuer, it was time for his bath. He wanted me to take a picture of Groot, another one of our flea market purchases.
My cousin posted a photo on Facebook of my mom and her mom when they were just kids. Mom looks to be around three and her sister around five or six. Mom said it was a Fred or Frank's lake house in WI. She could remember he ate raw hamburger sandwiches which she thought was gross. My cousin asked her mom about it and she had the same memory.




No comments:
Post a Comment