Saturday morning was a bit overcast and then not and then overcast again so we drove to a craft fair in Hawley. It was two hours away!! I had printed a schedule of local events and did not realize in this area two hours away is practically a neighbor.
It was a small fair in a park but not a lot to temp me. I did buy two wonderfully fragranced locally made soap in Lilac and Apricot. Baylor was the lucky one, a vendor gave him a free paint your own piggy bank and when I was ordering empanadas for lunch, the vendor offered him a free peach cobbler. My son was not tempted and said no thank you. When he was offered the red velvet cake, he could not turn him down. I shared my Argentine chorizo and Louigi sausage empanadas with my mom and we all shared the cake.
I took Baylor to the park while Mom and Dad walked the vendors again. He is only six after all and still loves a good playground. He started out on the small, older equipment.
But he was super excited about this play monster. And I had to play with him as well, lots of hide and seek.
After the fun at the craft fair we drove to Ehrhardt's Restaurant for lunch. Baylor protested too much, but he often does that when we go out. But we had a nice lunch anyway, inside, away from the bugs and potential rain. We did have a nice view of the lake. Well, Mom and Dad did. Baylor and I had a good view of Mom and Dad. We took the highway back to the cabin which was more direct and less time than the long and winding roads we took to Hawley.
Back at camp the sun was out and Baylor was keen on building a fire. But first he had a root beer break.
He prefers the log cabin method of fire building and it worked out well for him.
I clicked the fire stick and let him guide it into where the firestarter and newspaper were hiding.
Behold: he made fire!
I had fun chipping the wood into kindling. It was so light and dry, it chipped up so nicely.
Ahhh, family by the fire. Just what I was hoping for this week.
I had brought sliced ring bologna which we love. When we are around fire, we toast it a bit and serve it on slider rolls with mustard. The biggest decision was whether the mustard was on the top roll or the bottom roll.
Grandma and Buddy roasted their Bavarian wieners and we all enjoyed our dinner by the fire.
After dinner and dessert (marshmallows and Starburst again) I tried a fire coloring packet I had brought. It turned the fire a lovely blue and green which was fun to watch for the rest of the evening. Which was not too long really as Baylor wanted to go in around7:30 to watch a movie, Dad goes to bed around that time and Mom is not one to sit around the fire. Sigh.








No comments:
Post a Comment