I signed up to volunteer for Field Day as I did not want it to be cancelled due to lack of volunteers, It turns out it was just me and Leigh Ann but apparently that was enough. I thought we would be setting up games Mrs. Murray had planned but she showed us the cart of game parts and some ideas she had for them and then it was up to us to figure out the rest. Well, I am good with games and had some ideas and Leigh Ann did as well. Between the two of us we made four game stations with room for another for Mrs. Murray. The play ground was a bit wet in places but we used two four square sites to set up a water relay. A bin with water on one end and an empty one on the other side of the site. She had the kids divided up into two groups and we did the relay first. They had to fill their cup and get the water into the empty bin. Most of the kids thought speed was the key but I kept telling them slow and steady would win this race. The faster they went, the less water in the cup and the more they splashed dumping the water into the other bin. We did three relays and team One won twice.
Landon loves camo and I tease him all the time that I cannot see him. It eventually came off because it was pretty swampy.
I love Kartikey's winning look while Baylor raced against him.
Then we split the teams and I had team Two first. We did a bean bag toss, without any real goal other than to get a bean bag in one of the circles we drew on the other two four square sites. We made the circles smaller the further out they were and there was no point system. And they had to retrieve their bean bags, I was not running willy nilly after them.
I was at Kid Writing last Friday and worked with Lydia a lot (the girl in the purple) Her mom's name is Heidi and well and Lydia told me they are moving this summer so she won't be at Lower Allen next year. I asked her where she was going to school and she said she did not know only that it had a scary eagle.
The other game we had set up was to build the tallest cup tower in one minute. Some kids went for big bases and others just stacked them up one on top of the other. So many fell over in the last few seconds, mostly due to a breeze.
Landon, sans camo hoodie.
Mrs Murray did anchor word races on the concrete.
And Leigh Ann held the hula hoop event on the US map. She sent me a video of him hooping because he always says he cannot do it.




















No comments:
Post a Comment