Saturday morning Baylor and I found our first mantis' of 2015. With at least 13 egg cases I was expecting to see more but these two were a good sign we will have a least a few in the gardens this summer.
They were just tiny, little bugs!
The last couple of evenings I was busy making some cookies for a co-worker. She was hosting a bridal shower for her oldest daughter who likes foxes. I saw the cookies online and showed them to her. I told her I would love to make them for the shower because, well, they are a bit fancy to make just for us. They turned out great I thought! I offered to deliver them on Saturday and with Baylor going to Kartikey's for a playdate that turned into a sleepover, it worked out even better.
I packed up the cookies and Baylor and we headed to Kartikey's. They have a nice apartment in a new complex. Their front door leads out to a grassy area which the boys used to play while Greeva and I drank delicious spiced tea her mother-in-law blends back in India. It was amazing! The boys were excited to see each other, even though it had only been one day since the last day of school. Greeva got them ready for the pool when I was leaving and kept in touch with me all day. Of course I was a bit concerned since he had never spent the night anywhere but in the end he did great!
I drove to Cathy's and then stopped at Sharp Shopper and The Christmas Tree Shoppe for some kid free shopping. It was amazing because I was not rushed like I am when I shop over lunch. When I got home it was just Eddy, Grimm and myself for the rest of the day. Weird, quiet, and lonely. I missed having Baylor around but I did get a few things done around the house. I think Eddy was even lonely and found solace with her water dish.
Greeva took the boys swimming, to a movie, The Age Of Ultron, and out to dinner. They watched some TV at their place and had a pillow fight before bed. She said other than being hot in his fleece jammies, he slept well.
I did not have to get him until around 9:30 so I checked out the garden a bit. The black raspberries looked like they are going to give a bumper crop this year. I think Grandpa would be proud of the patch. It has come along way from the two sad canes that survived the last time I had to move them.
The wineberries may actually survive and produce berries this year.
After I picked up Baylor we headed to the flea market to see if the Lego guy was there. And he was. Baylor picked up a Hulk buster for himself and Kartikey and a few other new figures. I love this vendor because Baylor really only wants the minifigs anyway. And six for $10 is a steal!
Baylor asked for ice cream which gave him some serious brain freeze! It was good to have him back, chatting, laughing, and being his crazy little self. And good for him on that first big hurdle, sleeping at a friend's house.











No comments:
Post a Comment