We woke up in the rain forest again, foggy and rainy was the Red Rock Mountain weather forecast for the day. I made breakfast inside and Gloria got ready to leave for home. She was gone by 9:00 and after she left we had the Mama deer with her two fawns visit our yard again.
We watched movies in the morning and around 11:30 we left for Harvey's Lake to have lunch at Grotto Pizza. We had a window seat and the entertainment was the birds eating the mayflies off the windows. The out of focus dark spot in the bottom is the bird. They flew up off the ledge pecking off the mayflies.
Baylor did not want to go out to lunch, again, as usual, but ate anyway, again, as usual. Of course he loved the gelato for dessert. After lunch we took a drive around the lake looking up homes for sale on my phone. I don't think we can afford to move up there anytime soon. It was hot and raining at the lake but when we arrived back at camp, it was foggy and cooler. We stopped at an antique store that is near the park and if I had more room in the van, I would have bought a few nice things for the house!!
The rest of the afternoon was off and on light misty rain and no day for a fire. Between rain and movies we played outside a bit and Mom and Dad went for another drive. When they got back, they said the rain stopped as soon as they were off the mountain. Apparently the mountain is a great rain catcher. While we were outside I asked Baylor to sit on the rock again because I remembered we did that two years ago when we were here.
He is not the only one who grew in the last two years. The woods are a bit different as well.
Baylor and I made a small fire between rain showers. He was the master fire builder again.
He wanted to get a photo of me in my red shirt and red bandanna because he said I looked beautiful to him dressed like that.
Love this kid!
And fire.


No comments:
Post a Comment