While up in the early morning I found the little spider making its home in my kitchen lights. It keeps making quite a mess of the four lights with the webs. Nice for Hallowe'en but not for looking like a nice kitchen,
Grimm loves the windows being open, regardless of the stink eye it looks like he is giving me.
Mom and Dad arrived around 10 and we headed to the Apple Festival, in the rain. Today was the day we had origianlly planned and even though it has been raining for four days and was still calling for rain, we decided to go anyway. Less crowded and not calling for massive storms; just light off and on showers.
And because it was not crowded we were able to walk up and get a pit beef sandwich without waiting for 30+ minutes. Baylor loves them as do the rest of us.
Caught Dad with a mouth full of beef!
Baylor thinks all the hay bales set out for seating are really an obstacle course for him to enjoy. They were wet and no one was sitting so he was able to run to his heart's desire.
All of us protected from the off and on showers.
The steam engine was making its move, chugging and puffing away in the rain.
Sadly, because of the rain, there was no hay pile to play in. Which made Baylor sad and my mom happy. She was so worried about him playing in the hay with his healing collarbone. Well, no need to worry about that!
Baylor played the games again this year. He had fun doing them and they gave us, cause I wanted one as well, a ribbon and sticker!
He even hugged the bee, at my request!
While walking though the covered barns looking at the vendors we happened upon a potter working at the wheel. Since I have a bit of experience with the potter's wheel I explained to Baylor what he was doing centering the clay, creating small pieces off the top and working down the clay to the point where he created a bowl. The small pieces are on the bat in the front of him. Baylor picked a small vase that he said he would use to drink sugar water. Apparently he is now a hummingbird. Now I want to play with some clay again!!
My favorite guy, with his ribbon for being number one in my book.
How tall this Fall? He just won't stop!
My silly apples, the ones I fell from and the one that fell from me.
Silly worm
He picked out a new winter hat, a nice wool mohawk with a skater skull.
And since I forgot our soda mug, again even though I washed it and set it out, I bought him a new one because they are red this year, his new favorite color. He picked the cherry soda which we all shared.
On the way out Baylor asked for another beef sandwich for the way home. A bit more of a wait but nothing we could not handle, especially with a tree truck to play on. The rain may have limited a few things we usually do, the hay ride and the hay play area, it was nice as it was not too crowded and we could walk around without bumping into everyone. We still had good food, we bought fresh roasted peanuts, we had a nice frosty soda, Baylor found a new winter hat: it was a good day!

























No comments:
Post a Comment