10-23
Today was much warmer than yesterday but we had a lot of plans today. One was Meme and Pap coming over for a visit. Pap had a few odd jobs and the furnace cleaning on him plan and Meme watched us carve our pumpkins (finally we carved pumpkins, it has been years!) I don't like to carve them too early because they rot so quickly but a week away from Hallowe'en is OK. For the most part he did the carving on his first one and on the second one, he did it all, even the lid.
A few years ago all his pumpkins looked like acupuncture patients. But he drew out his faces and carved them with our collection of pumpkin saws. I buy them after the holiday so we have a lot of them!
Meme offered to separate the guts from the seeds for us. Baylor would not clean out the guts, that is still my job. And I cannot carve a pumpkin and toss all the seeds! We carved four pumpkins and that was a lot of seeds.
The trees a beautiful again this year. They are still battling the bark beetles so I am not sure how many falls we will have these trees.
After Pap's jobs were done they headed home and Baylor and I headed out to the Trunk or Treat at the church that has COF.
We missed seeing Landon but Ryder was there with his family and they had a trunk this year, Ghost Busters. I could not manage a trunk myself and but there was a nice enough turn out with other trunks.
Ryder's Grandma was Slimer and needed a drink. They only way she could was through her nose, which was completely hilarious!
Our Jacks, all lit up. Baylor drew all the faces and I did the cat and jack one. I carved the small Jack and he did the large ones. The big gaping mouth started out with fangs but something happened and he cut them out.
10-24
I found time to roast the pumpkin seeds in the morning. One was salt and pepper and the other cinnamon sugar.
Snapchatting while trying to do home work is really not a good idea but I get so bored and he is easily distracted. And he is so cute!
The early nights can be so pretty.
So much for a photo of the two of us.
10-25
Oh, What a Beautiful Morning
And sunny afternoon
The out look for the weekend was starting to look better by Wednesday. I will take 65 and cloudy over the mid 50s and rainy forecast that was showing earlier in the week.
10-26
I was off work today but had signed up to volunteer at the school. They had said about an hour usually but I ended up being there for over three hours! I worked through two of the three classrooms helping the kids paint paper plates for an upcoming project. I had three at a time painting the backs of the plates and then laying them out in the hall to dry. I started in with the third class but was advised they had Library in eight minutes. Not one to back down, I asked for the first three in her class and got them finished before Library. I guess another Mom will have to finish that class.
It was a nice Fall day to work in the garage getting ready for the party on Saturday.
Still holding on to the leaves.
10-27
Mom and Dad came over in the morning to help me out. I had to get the tables and chairs out of the attic and they helped cut the veggies and stem the grapes. I had a dentist appointment at 2:40 so they did not stay all day but I had made a yummy lunch for us: standing rib roast, sauteed Brussels sprouts, and roasted smashed red pototoes. Yummy! I sent Mom a photo of my cleaned teeth!
Joey picked Baylor up from COF and I headed over around 5:00. Landon was an Army man, he put on his hat with his usual attire.
Baylor was an Arcader. He had packed his walkie talkies and while they were playing another voice came over them. Mom panic set in but Joey and I monitored what they were saying and when I had enough, I asked them to shut them off. Then I had a talk about never giving your real name and real location to anyone over them. It was alarming to me as the guy came across as nice enough but that is how those people work.
The rest of the night was fun and Ryder showed up about 15 minutes after we started walking around.
We walked around for an hour and when the firetrucks arrived with the pizza we all enjoyed a slice and then headed home.
10-28
This morning's forecast was even better and I could not be happier! Perfect for an outdoor party.
The day was just beautiful to be decorating the garage.
Around 1:30 the bounce house arrived! Totally worth the money.
But at 2:20 I had to head to the school for the Hallowe'en party and of course I was stopped by the train. Love you train!
We helped the kids get dressed and then went on the parade for the other parents out in the play ground. Ryder's mom and Kartikey's dad were there that I saw but I stayed by the door's this year instead of out walking with the kids. They are second graders after all.
Class photo, minus the teacher as she was taking a photo beside me. The teachers were pirates and the principal was the head pirate.
Then they changed and had snack. I brought an amazing bag of pretzels and candy corn. Not my usual but the other mom's snagged up the fun stuff first.
Baylor loved the candy corn shaped rice crispy treats.
But they did like the pretzel fangs.
One selfie was required. We played games and had crafts. I brought the Witch Pitch and Candy Corn toss with stuffed candy corn and prizes for each. I made a candy corn craft and there was an owl craft as well. The kids were kept busy and seemed to have a good time. I did as well. When we were shooed out I put my stuff in the van and went back to stand in line to pick him up at 3:30.
He found the bounce house right away and the girls came over to play with him. Or on the bounce house. Not sure which was more of the call to come over.
I had also invited Kartikey to come over because he was not going to be able to make it to the party. This weekend was Diwali, their New Year, and they were going to visit her sisters in NJ to celebrate as a family. So he was able to play with Baylor by himself for a nice long time.
They even ate dinner out there together.
So good to see them together.
Sadly his dad came for him around 7:00 but it was a great time for both of them.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment