There was a masked man in my house this morning. Good thing he is cute.
After work I was able to head straight to Lancaster because Joey picked up Baylor from COF and had him until Gloria picked him up after 6. And since I did not have to take care of Eddy (which I would rather have to do than not) I had a bit of freedom time to hit a few stores before picking up Mom to go to the Green Dragon. I went to the Weaver Nut and Sharp Shopper first and on the way to Mom's the sun was setting on one side of the van and the moon was rising behind the clouds on the other.
Sadly this is my parents yard. I guess they don't want anyone to be left in the dark who they are supporting.
See the moon shining above the light? It was on its way to being a full Hunter's Moon. We had a nice little shopping trip, not getting too much but some herbs and spices from the Parsley Porch, some fresh garlic, and snickerdoodle and chocolate whoopie pies for Baylor.
The moon was shining bright when I pulled in the driveway at 9:00. Baylor and Gloria had called me at 8:40 to find out when I would be home.
He was tired, we usually go to bed at 8:30 and he missed me. See is tired little face? We went straight to bed.
Saturday Gloria was off work so we had a rare family day. We planned a trip to Hollabaugh's Orchard to get some apples. I did not make it last year and it was nice to go together. We had taken Baylor there for the first time when he was nearly two and I think that was the last time Gloria went with us. Back seat selfie on the drive down.
One, apparently, does not outgrow the corn bin. While he did not spend too much time in it, he definitely wanted to hang out in it first thing. It was early too so there was not much competition for the corn.
A plinko board, I must make one of these for the Hallowe'en party!
The slide, going
going
going
The ring on a string to hook on a hook, which we can never do.
Baylor took over the phone to take a photo of us with the apple trees behind us.
He was really waiting out his turn on the horse, which he has also not outgrown.
He loved trying to rope the calf.
And we found the bus he has been posing in since 2010.
This year he checked the view from every window.
That evening I took Baylor, Kartikey and him mom to a birthday party for one of his classmates, Chase. It was at a local farm stand that has lots of stuff for the kids to do and animals to feed. I walked Greeva around the place while the kids partied and went on a hay ride. We were staying there but not stalking the kids. We took a selfie while sitting on a log,
The kids picked their pumpkins from the field and brought them back to decorate with stickers. There were a lot of kids there but these four were the only ones from the class. They stayed together for the most part.
And they are all super silly.
The moon was rising and was so pretty. But my new phone sucks at night shots, it was a lot darker than this looks. And the moon looks like the sun!
The boys had a great time together. Kartikey's dad was picking them up to go to dinner at his uncle's house and they were sad to say goodbye. But we make plans for a play date on Sunday so they were quite happy.
At least it looks dark now.
It was an amazing moon!
Greeva picked up Baylor around 1:00 and brought him home around 5:30. She made a samosa sandwich for lunch and brought me some. I thought it was delicious but Baylor said he was not a fan. Which surprised me because he has always loved samosas.
I made Greeva apple bread, because she does not bake but loves the results. She sent me a picture of Kartikey trying it and she said he liked it.
If only Hallowe'en costumes were as easy as a Snapchat filter.




































No comments:
Post a Comment