Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Campground Visit

The last time I saw Heather we made plans for a campground visit for the second Saturday in July.  We don't see each other very often as she often misses the Aunt's meetings and we are both busy families.  And I don't want to intrude on her time any more than needed this year.  My parents were also there and we had a bit of a pot luck going on.  I made a veggie salad and made a tomato basil dressing that was close to the Grotto dressing but not quite it.  And I had hot dogs and sausages as well.  And some cherries I bought at the farm stand we pass on the way to the campground.  And bubbles because bubbles are the best summer fun! Especially giant bubbles.  




The kids went hunting in the creek with some nets can caught three baby fish, a crawfish and a skimmer.  One of the fish took a flying leap out of the bucket and died.  Then Baylor tore his head off to try to see its insides.  Nice!  


Heather took the kids tubing and I took them to the park.  I was the designated pusher and photo taker.  Brigid was the bravest and wanted to go the highest.  






And we went back for more bubbles and hot rock and crayon painting for good more campground fun!  



On the way out we stopped at the ice cream stand for a sweet treat. I had a mocha twist and Baylor got Mint Chocolate Chip. 


The clouds were so pretty!  




Before we were half way home, he was out!  


A sure sign of a good day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment