Just about every morning this week I made cookies or some other baked item for the reunion on Saturday. The cookies made early in the week went into the freezer so they were still fresh. I made mint chocolate chip, chocolate sprinkle (which after I made them I remembered I made them last year as well) and root beer float cookies for the cookie walk. I picked up plates at the Dollar Store as usual. I like that they are sturdy and you get a free plate with your cookies!
It is hard to see from this photo but traffic going north was backed up for about a mile, because of a trooper in his car hearding a flock of geese walking down 83!
We were there early for set up and poor Baylor was left to his own devices to entertain himself. I pulled out the bubbles and set up the bubble machine because that is always fun.
Especially eating them apparently.
The merry go round is still fun as well. He wanted to go fast but only sitting in the center where it felt safe. He did fly off it once when I was pushing but thankfully did not break his arm.
The bubbles were a hit especially with Zoe and Aunt Betty. She is pretty spry for 94 or 95! She was squealing whee the entire time. The youngest and the oldest ladies had a good time making bubbles together.
Baylor called me over to the merry go round to see this large beetle who was catching a ride. He was amazing and I have never seen one before. A friend commented on a photo of it and said it was a click beetle. If you touch them they will snap their bodies and click. I watched it online and it would have been fun to try with him. But he flew off all by himself in his own time.
Instead of the peanut toss, Lynda went with a candy toss which was a big hit.
We won't need candy for Halloween this year!!
Then we played Drunken Waiter: spin yourself around at least 12 times, faster is better, take the tray of cups with water and get them to the table, hopefully do not fall down. It was hit or miss whether the waiter got dizzy enough or not but the kids did like it after they saw what was going on.
It was a nice but hot day and a dip in the pool when we got home was required.
Especially since Baylor won a pool volleyball!


















No comments:
Post a Comment