I picked up Baylor and Zayden around 11:30 and we headed to York for Aunt Joan's 85th birthday celebration. I was actually relived when Ginnie asked if I could take Zayden for a while that afternoon because Baylor would have someone to play with. It was a nice church park/pavilion with swings and a play fort. Apparently, way in the past, the family used to have reunions and get togethers here.
It is a nice place and Joan was surprised that the party was for her. Being 85 is pretty special as is Aunt Joan. She is really my dad's cousin (her mom and dad's dad were siblings) but the whole family calls her Aunt Joan. She was an at home babysitter for years and many of the people there who were not family were former kids she sat with their kids now.
There were picky, snacky foods and cake, which the boys wanted to start out with first but had to wait until cake time.
Joan got to blow out candles on her flower cake and then we were able to eat the real cake.
Little family selfie
With Baylor
and of course Zayden
Crazy boys were good and played with the other kids that were there.
On what was apparently the old stage. The bench seating is long gone but the stage was super fun.
7-17
In the morning Baylor said it feels like a friend day so he started to list who he would like to come over. He started with Peyton and I told him I actually texted his mom on Wednesday and I had to heard from her at all. So he said Ryder. I texted his mom and she said that would be great. So we had him over from 11:30 to around 4:30. I mainly worked on this garden bed that was taken over by grass, and not a good grass and the plants I moved there temporatirly two summers ago needed moved out finally. Not that I have a lot of open spaces in my gardens but this is supposed to be a veggie bed, not a weed/perennial bed. I did not take a good before and did not take an after but this is the middle. It all looked like the green part when I started and looked like the dirt part when I finished. Now to keep it weeded until next spring and we can plant anew!
The boys did what they always do when they come over, play inside, play outside, play downstairs, swim a bit and play some more. I check on them for food and drinks and life guarding but for the most part, they are on their own.
Summer time and the living is easy.
When I was done clearing the bed and all the stuff still left on the ground I found this lovely mantis, probably trying to figure out what just happened here.
A walk through the other gardens for some quick weeding and finding places to plant a few things and amazing things are growing in the summer garden,
After Ryder left we headed to see the kitties. They have self feeders and waterers so I don't have to go every day. And they are not fans of little people but he tried his best to befriend them.
Tiggy was not having anything to do with us while Baylor was there and stayed in the closet, up high.
Jetta was happy when we filled the treat tippers and would hang out with Baylor. Friday I caught him by his neck as he was rolling off the table. He almost fell again tonight.
A lovely lily in their garden.
As I was leaving the neighbors were out in the yard/pool and asked where the girls were as they were on vacation the week before and when they got home the girls were gone. We talked for a bit and I ended up leaving with two zucchini! That is some nice neighbors!






















No comments:
Post a Comment