Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 1st: Beach Vacation Day 1

Friday morning the van was already mostly packed and the rest was waiting in the house to be moved to the van.  We were on the road by 9:30, only a half hour behind when I had planned to leave so not too bad by our standards.  We had to stop for gas and then were on our way to Rehoboth for six days!  Baylor likes to watch movies on long drives and likes it dark so we built his theater with one of the blankets we were taking with us.  Other than being hot in there, the AC could not really get in there well so we flapped the sides quite often, he liked it for his movies and games.  


The Garmin was set and said we would arrive around 2:37, which is often a time to beat but with stops and traffic I knew it would be later than that.   


And it was but not by too much.  The only traffic we hit was within five miles of the beach and since there is really only one road into town, it slows pretty quickly.  The girls were there already but had walked into town to wait for us.  We started unpacking until they came back and we helped them unpack.   The boys picked their bed, which was right at the AC, which was very loud so they hated having it on.  And we hated having it off.  


This place had four beds in the front room and one bed in the back, where there was no AC.  Baylor and I used that room for our clothes and stuff.  I took the bed by the boys. 


And Julie, Amy and Lochlan shared the other two beds.  


We went to Nicola Pizza for dinner.  My family are Grotto people and I felt like a traitor being in there.  And after eating there, I am still a Grotto girl.  The pizza is too bready for me but was good.   


I cannot rotate these but I saw these names this year and wondered if they are related to Tara!  Maybe they have a family home in town,  LOL!  


After dinner I walked the boys down to the beach and the girls and Lochlan went back to the room as Amy was tired and Lochlan was not happy either.  Too much being in a car for one day for both of them.  The beach was empty and it was a beautiful evening to be out on it.  They ran straight for the water and did not get out until I made them when the sun went down below the hotels. Being wet when the temperature starts dropping and we have to walk back is just a set up for disastrous complaining. But in the meantime, I just let them have fun.  And they did!  They started with just their knees wet and ended up completely soaked through the skin.  







They are over my shoulder. 










Mom has a new smart phone so she can get photos so we sent her a few from the beach.  


  
The view from both sides of me. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh



The clouds and sky were so pretty too. 




I could not get them to jump at the same time.  Oh well. 



After coaxing them out of the water I promised ice cream for the walk home, because ice cream fixes everything.  But we stopped for a few selfies before hitting the ice cream line.  





At the house the boys had their first shower in the outside shower.  They loved it it, all about the butts and you know whats.  It was a good first day of vacation for sure!  



1 comment: