Friday, July 15, 2016

July 3rd: Beach Vacation Day 3

I went out to the porch with my morning coffee to find a wet world, which puts a damper on one's beach plans.  It made for a nice morning on the porch though.  


The 'kids' watched a movie for part of the morning. 


I had picked up some Dollar Store baskets, for no reason other than they are handy and I never have enough, and they were in the room.  Lochlan loved them in many ways and was usually playing with them.  Perhaps he was a bit stir crazy this morning but apparently they also make great hats.  



Since there would be no morning beach trip in the rain, Julie and I went out shopping for a bit; Walmart, to return one of the sheets and to get a queen size (who knew), and a few other things of course, the liquor store, because coffee is good in the am but we needed some pm beverages for the porch, and then to the outlets to find a better suit top for Julie, so she was not on constant nipple patrol.  It was fun for both of us!  The army was hungry when we got back so we walked down to Grotto, (thank you lunch goddess for steering them in the right direction), and shared fries and pizza.  Baylor was having fun with his food. 

First he was a fryrus. 


and then he had a cheesestach. 


Framly lunch (friend/family)


The kids got gelattos with flags in their cones.  




While walking back we stopped to get the boys a henna tattoo.  The going rate everywhere was buy one get one free so we had them keep the highest one to $20.00 and split that cost.  The boys picked what they wanted in the price range and they were off being tattooed.  






Cullen chose a nautical star, like Julie has, and Baylor chose a scorpion skeleton.  A sailors not a sailor til a sailors been tattooed.  They had to keep them dry and free from smeering for 45 minutes so I shuttled them through the crowds while Amy, Julie and Lochlan shopped their way down the streets.  


They played on their tablets on the porch while their henna dried.  But is was so humid that it took much longer than the prescribed 45 minutes, which they were not happy with. 



After the girls came back I had Julie explain Snapchat to me, which became our go to fun app.  We did not really chat with each other but we did have fun with taking photos!  





Face swaps are weird. 





While we were getting ready to head out later (Lochlan, Julie, and Amy were napping) we played with the glow sticks in the bathroom.  Well, the boys did. I was not sticking glow sticks up my noes and in my ears or mouth.  



Dinner was at Dos Locos, where Baylor had some frustration issues over the food.  I ordered his tacos anyway because I know him, By the time the salsa was out, he was over it and dipping away.  


We, I, thought we could pick up the trolley and take it down to the boardwalk. Well, we had a nice drive to Dewey and Bethany but for some reason he could not take us down there.  He dropped us off one block from where he picked us up.  At least the kids got to ride the bus.  Trying to be positive while feeling foolish for the idea.  Right before we left I had smashed Lochlan's fingers in the screen door.  I did not know it at the time, I thought he was crying because I shut the door so he would not run out to see the dog the boys were petting.  Julie discovered his fingers while we were on the trolley, they were all red, swollen and he would not use them at all.  Amy felt they were not broken, just hurting from being pinched in the door jam.  Boy, how I felt awful!! Again. 


The boys were blissfully unaware of the issues and were happy when we found a place for us to put our blankets and settle in for the show.  And for the glowstick fun!  






Right around 9:15 the fireworks started.  And they were amazing again this year.  I think all fireworks are amazing I guess, but seeing them on the beach makes it even better for me.  Otherwise, I won't get to see any.  The show lasted about 30 minutes I think and then we all piled off the beach and headed back to the room.  I love fireworks and I love the beach!  










No comments:

Post a Comment