This is what waking up on your 45th birthday with a killing my slowing migraine looks like. Lovely. I spent the entire day on the couch while my parents, mainly Buddy, took care of Baylor all day. It sucked!! and sucked the fun out of my birthday. But I was very thankful to be there rather than at home, which happened once when Baylor was five and had to entertain himself for a day. Buddy took Baylor out for brunch and played kick ball with him. They watched movies, played Sorry (Baylor even beat Buddy and they both play to win), and hung out. He would come in, check on me and give me a cuddle. Around 4:30 I went to bed and took a short nap because I was just tired of being awake, sick, and hurting.
But it was apparently enough to bring me around to almost human. Aunt Barbie called me at Mom's for my yearly birthday call. It does not feel like a complete birthday until she calls. I sat with them during dinner but was still not able to eat.
After dinner I played a few rounds of Sorry. Baylor was the winner for both rounds. He didn't know he should have let his really old Mommy win so she could feel good on her birthday. I was originally going to go home in the afternoon and by the time I was feeling better, it was too late to even think about driving so we stayed the night because tomorrow was another day to celebrate my birthday. The whole reason we were there in the first place!!




No comments:
Post a Comment