Eddy woke me up around 3:30 to outside and I had to get my phone. The snow was already about 8 inches deep. I could only swing the door opened and she did not go much further out. She did not know what to do! Gone are her days of bounding in the snow!
By normal morning hours, it was much deeper and I could not keep Baylor out of it. Eddy on the other hand had no idea what to do with herself. She made the best of the 'path' Baylor waded on the patio and I mentally remembered where she went so I knew where to shovel. Gloria's work closed late Friday night so we did not have to worry about anyone having to leave anytime soon.
To say he loved it was an understatement. But it was so deep it was a bit of an bother trying to get around. And since it was a dry snow, it did not pack AT ALL. All he wanted to do was build a snowman, this was not snowman snow.
But it was a bit harder to shovel this time.
We managed to make a small area around the door and to the grass for Eddy but the snow was still coming down and it did not last long. Time to come in for some early morning cocoa!
The snow was already up to his outside toy box!
The neighbors were smart and did not even try to get out.
After lunch we went out again, one little man just could not stay out of his snow clothes, which all had to be dried in the dryer before the next shift.
I parked my van on the side spot because it is easier to clear the driveway with one less car in the way to shovel or snow blow around.
Gloria made an attempt to clear things and did a good job on the driveway. But the snow did not stop! Most of the day it was coming down at an inch an hour!
I can hardly tell where I cleaned off the patio and grass. It was a losing battle as long as it was still snowing.
Time to go in again but not before trying to make a snowball. Sadly, it was still not the right snow.
A few hours later we were out again in freshly dried clothes. Just to play and find some cement for Eddy to pee on. Poor girl!
I messaged Greeva to see how they were holding up and she sent me a photo of her and Kartikey out in their snow.
I wadded out behind the garage to try to measure the snow. It was the least disturbed place I could find and around 4 PM it was 27 inches and still falling.
My iron humming bird was barely sticking out of the snow.
And just the top of a blue bottle was showing.
And my van was buried in drifted snow. OMG! Gloria worked on the driveway again because she was thinking she would have to go in on Sunday (the plant ended up closing again) While she worked on the driveway, I started on the van, it was going to need to come out anyway.
I got stuck about the same spot Baylor is here and Gloria was working with the snowblower to try to get closer to me when it died, like not going to work until it goes to the shop died. At least it had done the driveway that her car could get out. But that meant digging out the van would all be manual. And by manual I mean I was going to have to do it.
Thankfully I did have my little helper who loved climbing onto the roof to try to sweep off some of the snow.
We were out there until after 6:30 worked on the van. I dug out the driver's side and he worked on the roof for me. The neighbors were working on the alley because it was not touched and Mr neighbor had to be into work at 7 am, no excuses. He is a paid fireman, but not in any nearby firehouses. We tried to help out but I was pretty beat with my own vehicle and driveway.
We had deep paths created for Eddy and to the gate. That was all we could get done on the patio. Tomorrow is another day to shovel snow.






























No comments:
Post a Comment