Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday Clean up

Sunday was bright and beautiful and all covered in snow!  The neighbors were out and clearing their cars later in the day but were still all buried in the morning light.  


The basement window was buried almost to the middle of the window.  


Thankfully I had filled the bird feeders before the snow started.  But when that runs out they are going to be on their own until I can get out there.  


The girls came over to play but did help with the van for a bit.  They did the best they could helping and playing both of which were difficult due to the depth of the snow everywhere.  


Eddy came out to try to walk on some non-snow covered areas.  Gloria was stir crazy had drove the to snowblower place to arrange for them to pick up the blower sometime so there was a bare spot for her.  The snow was fluffy and deep and would not support her. Or me, I stepped off the side of the driveway trying to help Baylor who was stuck. Now we were both on our butts in the snow and he was short a boot, that was also now in the snow!  We both survived to walk again!  


My pretty girl!! 



Baylor forged his own paths, mostly to nowhere!  But loved it, other than it was still not snowman making snow.  A total bummer really. 


Snow selfie with Baylor's Stormtropper hat.  


In the afternoon I decided I should try to find the mailbox or we might not be getting any mail for a while.  Baylor sat on the snow mound being my car spotter.  It was Sunday which is usually slower out there but there was no one out really unless they had bigger vehicles.  


This was my task, to find that mailbox peaking out of the snow.  I found it eventually.  But there was no finding the garbage platform.  That was going to have to wait for another day.  


The house looked nice but once I saw all the snow on the roof, it certainly brought some new concerns into my head!  


Again, he was all about walking though the snow.  I stuck to the neighbor's cleared driveway.  The official snow depth was 30.2 inches and our annual snow fall is 30.6. It was a lot of snow for us for one day but we were pretty lucky. Those south of us got more than 10 inches more!! 


Monday was food day so after we changed into warm, dry clothes I made seven layer dip to bring into work.  It was so pretty and looked so good!


No more snow on Sunday and a sunny day to clear things off, And to end the day, there was a full moon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment